Top What is a Banner Ad?
A banner ad is an image that links to a advertiser's website. When a consumer clicks on an advertiser's banner ad, they are directed to the advertiser's website.
Top What is a Category?
A category is a specific section of UsedPrice.com, for example the "Computer Category" consists of all computer related pages after a user has selected computer from the left navigation bar. This allows you to display your banner ad in front of relevant and targeted clients.
Top What is an Ad Slot?
An ad slot is reserved space for a specific ad type in a specific category.
Top What is an Ad Campaign?
An ad campaign is an ad slot an advertiser has purchased to run a banner ad in. To track the ad campaign performance, click the "Advertising" link at the bottom of UsedPrice.com and choose "Manage Ad Campaigns" to view all ad campaigns, then click "View" or "Stats" to view specific performance for a specific ad campaign.
Top What is the Target URL?
The target URL is the destination website and advertiser wishes to send people when they click on a banner ad. Please note that the destination of the banner ad must be relevant to the banner ad or it will be denied by UsedPrice.com and a new banner ad will have to provided to run in any ad slots that have been purchased with that ad.
Top What is the Start Date and End Date?
The start date is the date a banner ad will begin showing on UsedPrice.com, and the end date is the date the banner ad will stop being shown.
Top I do not have a banner ad that is the exact size of the banner slot, can I still use it?
Banner ads submitted will be resized by UsedPrice.com to fit in the ad slot properly. This can cause skew and make your image look stretched or compressed. A preview will be available before checkout so you may see the resized banner ad and determine if you wish to submit it. If the image is not recognizable it may be denied by UsedPrice.com and you will have to provide a better image before your ad campaign will run.
Top What is an Ad Type?
An ad type is a banner ad image of various sizes. Ad slots will only accept banners ads of a particular type.
Top What is C.P.M.?
CPM is an advertising term that means Clicks-per-Milli, and represents the number of clicks a banner ad or campaign has received for every 1000 impressions.
Top How do you create an ad?
If you would like to display a banner ad for your company on UsedPrice.com here are the steps:
1) Create a New Ad from the Advertising Home. Follow the step-by-step process.
2) Create a Campaign from the Advertising Home. Follow the step-by-step process.
You will receive an email that your banner ad has been approved or denied.
If the banner ad is approved then your banner ad will be shown in the dates listed.
Top Can I change my banner ad in the middle of my start and end date?
Yes, you can change your banner ad in the middle of your campaign if you have an approved banner ad of the same type. If you do not have an approved banner ad you will then need to submit another banner ad for approval.
Top What is the Policy on Approving/Denying Banner Ads?
All banner ads will be reviewed and approved or denied within three (3) business days.
All ad URLs and banner ads will be reviewed and must meet UsedPrice.com's requirements and comply with UsedPrice.com's banner ad policy. We have the right to refuse any banner ad if not suitable for UsedPrice.com. UsedPrice.com reserves the right to remove any banner ad from UsedPrice.com without notice. If you would like to confirm that your banner ad is suitable for placement before purchasing please submit your banner ad for approval before purchasing an ad campaign.
Ads on UsedPrice.com may NOT include:
1) Sexually mature content, pornography or adult entertainment
2) Violent content (some exceptions made for decent firearm related content)
3) Racially motivated ads against any individual, group, or organization or ads with malicious intent
4) Cracking content, hacking or altering ads
5) Illicit drugs or drug paraphernalia (including prescription drugs)
7) Excessive, repetitive, or irrelevant keywords
8) Tobacco or tobacco-related products
9) Sales or promotion of products that are replicas or imitations of designer goods
10) Any content that is illegal, promotes illegal activity, or infringes on the legal rights of others
11) Links to a site containing the above mentioned content
12) Links to irrelevant content to the banner ad
13) Links to a site that uses coercive or undesirable coding, navigation or any other unfavorable tactics
14) Any other content in the banner ad or destination that UsedPrice.com deems inappropriate
Please contact us at email@example.com
with any questions.